Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Making A Difference

Thoughts for Thursday:

Maya Angelou said "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." As a speech-language pathologist working in early intervention, I meet numerous families who tell me that I have changed their lives, but more importantly the lives of their children and their communication skills. However, I like to believe that I am the lucky one who gets to work with these amazing children and their families. It's easy to get distracted with progress notes, techniques, guidelines, protocols, etc. I try my best to make my families feel as though we are a team working together to improve and create the best potential for the child's communication skills. Although I am almost always at a full caseload, I place every family as a priority, making one no less important than the other and think "what would I want for my child, or how would I want a provider to treat me if I were in their shoes?" Food for thought…enjoy your day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment